3030 Salt Creek Lane, Suite 120,
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Call Us Today for a FREE Initial Consultation


Rolling Meadows Out of State Child Relocation Attorney

Palatine Child Custody Lawyer For Moving Out of Illinois With Minor Children

There are occasions where a parent wishes to move to another state and take the children with him or her. Such a move is commonly known a child removal, and it can be an emotional thing for all concerned. Whether you are seeking a relocation or you want to oppose a move by the other parent, reach out to an experienced attorney for advice and guidance.

At the Rolling Meadows Law Offices of Donald J. Cosley, we have nearly 20 years of experience dealing with child custody and parental responsibility issues, including parenting plans and relocating out of state. Our primary concern in these situations is the best interests of the children, the same concern the Illinois courts will focus on when deciding whether to allow out-of-state moves. If you are petitioning for removal or are opposing the move, we will do our best to present your case to the court and achieve the desired outcome.

Factors to Considering in Relocating Out of State With Children

Led by attorney Donald J. Cosley, we have extensive experience in family courts in Cook County, DuPage County, Lake County and neighboring areas. We will help you understand the factors that judges in these courts will consider when deciding a child relocation issue:

  • Will the move enhance the quality of life for the child and the custodial parent?
  • What is the parent's motivation in seeking to move out of state?
  • Why is the other parent fighting the move?
  • If out-of-state removal is allowed, can reasonable and realistic visitation and parenting time arrangements be made?
  • What is the potential harm to the child if he or she does not have consistent involvement with the other parent?

None of these factors is given more weight than the others. One factor may be more important in your particular case than in someone else's case. We are very experienced in handling child custody and parenting plan modifications for both fathers and mothers. We are ready to meet with you, learn about your goals and create a plan of action.

Barrington Family Law Firm for Relocating With Minor Children

We invite you to talk to a attorney at the Law Offices of Donald J. Cosley to find out more about moving out of state with minor children. Please call 847-253-3100 or send us an email to schedule your free initial consultation. We serve clients in Barrington, Palatine, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Rolling Meadows and all surrounding communities.

Back to Top