3030 Salt Creek Lane, Suite 120,
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Call Us Today for a FREE Initial Consultation


Arlington Heights Child Support Modification Attorney

Palatine Child Support Lawyer for Modification of Obligations

When there has been a substantial change in circumstances, you may be able to seek a modification of child support. Whether you are seeking a modification or trying to prevent one, you need an attorney to properly represent you. At the Law Offices of Donald J. Cosley, our skilled family law attorney can work with you to petition a modification to the court.

Do you need the help of a Arlington Heights child support modification attorneyContact us today to speak with a dedicated Arlington Heights, Illinois, attorney. We can be reached online or by phone. Call our Arlington Heights office locally at 847-253-3100.

Modification Solutions for Arlington Heights Families

At the Law Offices of Donald J. Cosley, we have been representing residents in their child support cases for over 20 years. Attorney Donald J. Cosley is an experienced courtroom litigator who provides personal attention to every case.

It is normal for life's circumstances to change. We are here to help adjust your child custody and child support arrangements along with those changes. Attorney Cosley can file a proper motion to modify child support on your behalf.

Modifications require a substantial change in circumstances. Circumstances that are generally found "substantial" enough include:

  • Job loss or decrease in paying-parent's income
  • Significant increase in receiving-parent's income
  • Either parent remarries
  • Child has reached the age of 18
  • Child develops special needs (such as medical care)

We can also seek modifications for child custody and parenting agreements. While this is harder to modify, child abuse or child neglect may require a change in the allocation of parental responsibilities. If a parent relocates, they must seek a modification from the court and permission from the other parent to take the child with them. Modifying custody/parental responsibilities can also affect child support obligations.

Contact an Experienced Arlington Heights Child Support Modification Lawyer Today

Do you need assistance with modifying a child support order? Contact us today to speak with an experienced Palatine divorce attorney. Call our Arlington Heights office locally at 847-253-3100. We offer all clients free initial consultations and represent clients throughout Rolling Meadows, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Palatine, Barrington, and the surrounding areas.

Back to Top